All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a child, Bill Graham fled Europe to escape Hitler's armies. He grew up on the streets of New York and in the dining rooms of the hotels in the Catskills. After failing as an actor, he headed for San Francisco right before the Summer of Love where he founded the Fillmore and launched the rock icons of a generation- Janis Joplin, Otis Redding, Jefferson Airplane, Cream, the Grateful Dead, and more. He was a complex, caring, compassionate whirlwind of energy who rock stars either loved- or hated.In his own voice and those of the people who knew him- Jerry Garcia, Keith Richards, Grace Slick, Ken Kesey, Eric Clapton, Pete Townshend, and Carlos Santana- we hear Bill's story as well as the scoop on the major events in rock for more than three decades, ending with his tragic death in a 1991 helicopter crash. Gritty, moving, funny, and always fascinating, Bill Graham Presents is the inside story of the explosive and unforgettable man who created the business of rock.
- Author(s)Bill Graham,Robert Greenfield
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication14/04/2004
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.68Trending at £22.90
- £18.90Trending at £27.09
- £17.75Trending at £25.08
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £12.06Trending at £15.87
- £12.18Trending at £18.04
- £36.54Trending at £72.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.