All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBillie Templar desperately wants her dad to come home. He's a soldier and has been away for seven weeks, fighting for Queen and country - but how can the two of them possibly defend their four-year record of winning the three-legged race at the school carnival if he's thousands of miles away?
- Author BiographyEllie was born in Bristol, but raised in a hamlet on the outskirts of Southend-on-Sea by a family of avid readers. So avid, in fact, her mum enrolled her in the local library before she'd even emerged from the womb, which was awkward for all concerned. Ellie's passion for writing stories flourished aged seven, when her parents bought her a Petite Super International typewriter for Christmas, and there was no stopping her. After studying for a Broadcasting Degree at the University of Leeds, Ellie realised there were too few home makeover shows in the world, and worked on a number of DIY and Garden programmes for UK Style. She then returned to studying and completed an MA in Screenwriting in 2008. She lives in London.
- PrizesShort-listed for Sheffield Children's Book Award 2015 and Catalyst Book Award 2014. Long-listed for UK Literacy Association Book Award: Ages 7-11 2015.
- Author(s)Ellie Irving
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintBodley Head Children's Books
- Out-of-print date22/04/2016
- Weight440 g
- Width133 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £2.81Trending at £3.70
- £9.95Trending at £13.39
- £5.94Trending at £6.99
- £3.40Trending at £3.55
- £3.99Trending at £6.99
- £5.47Trending at £5.99
- £2.97Trending at £3.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.