Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £65.23Trending at £130.00
- £64.89Trending at £104.79
- £56.77Trending at £60.88
- £23.56Trending at £29.47
- £10.22Trending at £11.19
- £9.63Trending at £9.75
- £38.66Trending at £39.78
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2014
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 47 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMichel Nardin,Rungsima Chollakup,Wirasak Smitthipong
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsBio-Based Composites: An Introduction; Rungsima Chollakup, Wirasak Smitthipong, and Michel Nardin Bio-Based Strategy: Food and Non-Food Markets; Rina Singh, Brent Erickson, and Paul Winters Strategy of Bio-Based Resources: Material versus Energy; Kuakoon Piyachomkwan, Sittichoke Wanlapatit, Wirasak Smitthipong, and Klanarong Sriroth Bio-Inspired Materials; Arkadiusz Chworos and Wirasak Smitthipong Natural Fiber Surface Treatments and Coupling Agents in Bio-Based Composites; Potjanart Suwanruji, Wirasak Smitthipong, and Rungsima Chollakup Reinforcement of Polymers by Flax Fibers: Role of Interfaces; Christophe Baley, Antoine Le Duigou, Alain Bourmaud, Peter Davies, Michel Nardin, and Claudine Morvan Effects of Reinforcing Fillers and Coupling Agents on Performances of Wood-Polymer Composites; Diene Ndiaye, Mamadou Gueye, Ansou Malang Badji, Coumba Thiandoume, Anicet Dasylva, and Adams Tidjani Natural Fiber Polyolefin Composites: Processing, Melt Rheology, and Properties; Haroutioun Askanian, Ya Feng, Sophie Commereuc, Florence Delor-Jestin, Kristyna Montagova, Roman Cermak, Valerie Massardier, and Vincent Verney Polysaccharide Bio-Based Composites: Nanofiber Fabrication and Application; Jackapon Sunthonrvarabhas, Klanarong Sriroth, and Hyun-Joong Kim Recent Advances in Cellulose Nanocomposites; Ali Faghihnejad and Hongbo Zeng Improvement of Damage Resilience of Composites; Jiye Chen Lifetime Durability of Bio-Based Composites; Vincent Verney, Solene Gaudin, Sophie Commereuc, Haroutioun Askanian, Florence Delor-Jestin, Alexandre Govin, and Rene Guyonnet Mechanical Properties of Natural Fiber-Reinforced Composites; Rattana Tantatherdtam, Rungsima Chollakup, and Wirasak Smitthipong Characterization and Strength Modeling of Laminated Bio-Based Composites; Peggi L. Clouston, Sanjay R. Arwade, and Alireza Amini Micromechanical Modeling of Bio-Based Composites; Michael May and Deborah Mohrmann Life Cycle Assessments of Bio-Based Composites: A Review; Thimothy Thamae and Caroline Baillie Bio-Based Composites: Future Trends and Environmental Aspects; V.P. Sharma
- Author BiographyWirasak Smitthipong is a researcher at the Agricultural and Agro-Industrial Product Improvement Institute in Kasetsart University, Thailand. He earned his PhD in chemistry from the University of Haute Alsace, France. Dr. Smitthipong was awarded a National Science Foundation postdoctoral fellowship at the Materials Research Laboratory and College of Engineering in the University of California, Santa Barbara. He worked for Michelin as a lead rubber formulation designer in France and Thailand. His research interests include surface and interface phenomena, rubber, adhesion, composite materials, biomaterials, polymer science and engineering, and supramolecular and nanoscale materials. Dr. Smitthipong has authored or co-authored more than 60 scientific articles and papers and edited two books. Rungsima Chollakup is a senior researcher at the Agricultural and Agro-Industrial Product Improvement Institute in Kasetsart University, Thailand. She earned her PhD program in textile science at the University of Haute Alsace in Mulhouse, France. She pursued postdoctoral studies at College of Engineering in the University of California, Santa Barbara and was a visiting researcher at the Laboratoire de Photochimie Moleculaire et Macromoleculaire in the Universite Blaise Pascal, France. Her research interests include natural fibers, polymer characterizations, composite materials, and biomaterials. Dr. Chollakup has authored more than 50 scientific articles and papers and three book chapters. Michel Nardin is the former director of research of the French National Center for Scientific Research. He earned his PhD in physical chemistry from the Universities of Strasbourg and Mulhouse in France and then pursued postdoctoral studies at University of Leeds, UK. His research interests include the fundamental and practical aspects of adhesion, physical chemistry of surfaces and interfaces, wettability, capillary impregnation of powders and fabrics, thermodynamics and micromechanics of fiber-matrix interfaces in composite materials, tack and adhesive properties of elastomers, interactions of surfaces, and living matter. Dr. Nardin has authored more than 170 scientific articles and papers as well as 11 book chapters.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.