All listings for this product
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.30Trending at £8.99
- £14.99Trending at £26.17
- £38.06Trending at £39.99
- £25.46Trending at £26.17
- £10.00Trending at £11.43
- £29.78Trending at £31.49
- £29.30Trending at £35.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a broad range of global perspectives on biodiversity conservation and the maintenance of sustainable cultures.
- Author BiographyMichael I. Jeffery, QC, is a Professor of Law at Macquarie University and Director of its Centre for Environmental Law, and served as Dean of Law in 1999. He received his LLB degree from the University of Toronto and his LLM degree from Osgoode Hall Law School, York University. A former Chair of the Province of Ontario's Environmental Assessment Board, he was appointed a Queen's Counsel in 1978 and headed the environmental law practice of one of Canada's largest law firms in the 1990s. He has served as Deputy Chair of the IUCN's Commission on Environmental Law and has been the Editor-in-Chief of the Macquarie Journal of International and Comparative Environmental Law since its inception. Jeremy Firestone is an Assistant Professor of Marine Policy and Legal Studies at the University of Delaware. He holds a J.D. from the University of Michigan and a Ph.D. in Public Policy from the University of North Carolina. Previously, he served as an environmental protection lawyer for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the State of Michigan. Professor Firestone's research and teaching interests include ocean governance, wildlife conservation, energy policy, and indigenous rights. Karen Bubna-Litic is a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Law at the University of Technology, Sydney, and is Assistant Director of the UTS Centre for Corporate Governance. She holds a Master of Law degree from the University of Sydney. Professor Bubna-Litic has been a visiting professor at the Boalt School of Law, University of California, Berkeley; the School of Environmental Negotiation, University of Virginia; and the Program for Research and Documentation for a Sustainable Society at the University of Oslo. She is a Solicitor and Barrister of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and formerly Director of Research in the Faculty of Law.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleIUCN Academy of Environmental Law Research Studies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 tables
- Weight1250 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byJeremy Firestone,Karen Bubna-Litic,Michael I. Jeffery
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.