Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.43
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £22.98Trending at £24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the latest edition of the classic introductory text to electrophysiology. It covers many topics that are central to the field including the electrical properties of the cell membrane. New features include extra, detailed illustrations.
- Author BiographyRobert Plonsey is a Pfizer-Pratt Professor Emeritus of Biomedical Engineering at Duke University. He received the PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of California in 1955. He received the Dr. of Technical Science from the Slovak Academy of Science in 1995 and was Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve, University, 1976-1980, Professor 1968-1983. Awards: Fellow of AAAS, William Morlock Award 1979, Centennial Medal 1984, Millenium Medal 2000, from IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Ragnar Granit Prize 2004, (First) Merit Award, 1997, International Union for Physiological & Engineering Science in Medicine, the Theo Pilkington Outstanding Educator Award, 2005, Distinguished Service award, Biomedical Engineering Science, 2004, ALZA distinguished lecturer, 1988. He was elected Member, National Academy of Engineering, 1986 ( For the application of electromagnetic field theory to biology, and for distinguished leadership in the emerging profession of biomedical engineering ). Roger C. Barr is Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Duke University. In past years he served as the Chair of the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Duke, and then as Vice President and President of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. He received the Duke University Scholar-Teacher Award in 1991. He is the author of more than 100 research papers about topics in bioelectricity and is a Fellow of the IEEE and American College of Cardiology. This text is a product of interactions with students, and in this regard he has taught the bioelectricity course sequence numerous times.
- Author(s)Robert Plonsey,Roger C. Barr
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight825 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.