All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a sophisticated yet accessible account of emerging trends in stem cell research and their accompanying ethical issues.
- Author BiographyInsoo Hyun is Associate Professor of Bioethics and Philosophy at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He is an internationally recognized authority on stem cell research ethics. He has advised governmental scientific bodies in the United States, Australia, Argentina, Norway, China, Singapore and South Korea on matters relating to the regulation of basic and translational stem cell research. In 2005, Dr Hyun was awarded a Fulbright Research Award by the U.S. Department of State to study the ethical, legal and cultural dynamics of human research cloning in South Korea. In 2006, he chaired the Subcommittee on Human Biological Materials Procurement for the International Embryonic Stem Cell Guidelines Task Force, a multinational, multidisciplinary working group for the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR). In 2007, he served as Co-Chairperson of the ISSCR Task Force on International Guidelines for the Clinical Translation of Stem Cells. He is also the past Chairperson of the ISSCR's Ethics and Public Policy Committee. His bioethics articles have appeared in Science, Nature, Cell Stem Cell, the Journal of Clinical Investigation, the Hastings Center Report and the Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, among many other publications.
- Author(s)Insoo Hyun
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus.
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.99
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.