All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £26.03
- £137.64Trending at £151.99
- £42.34Trending at £46.00
- £39.38Trending at £45.89
- £25.99Trending at £26.79
- £10.33Trending at £11.38
- £112.24Trending at £170.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first to comprehensively address the complex phenomenon of biological interactions with the surface charge of biomaterials.
- Author BiographySyed A. M. Tofail is a Senior Research Fellow with the Materials and Surface Science Institute at the University of Limerick, Ireland. He has approximately 10 years experience in the development and characterisation of nano- and biomaterials. His major research accomplishment to date has been the determination of the correct crystal symmetry of hydroxyapatite, a leading synthetic biomaterial. This led him to discover piezoelectricity in synthetic hydroxyapatite. Experienced in the field of materials and surface science, Dr Tofail carries out fundamental research directed at the development of medical devices with new functionality. This involves working closely with the relevant industrial players. Dr Tofail is currently coordinating a European Commission Framework 7 project funded under the Nanotechnology, Materials and Processing (NMP) programme. One of the core objectives of this project is to develop MRSA-resistant medical textiles. In addition, the project aims to develop implantable devices for cardiovascular, orthopaedic and urinary applications.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleNanoscience & Nanotechnology Series
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note56 colour illustrations, Full colour.
- Weight564 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited bySyed Tofail
- Series Edited byPaul O'Brien,Harold G. Craighead,Harry Kroto
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.