All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.79
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.44
- £7.72Trending at £9.95
- £11.10Trending at £14.99
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/05/2016
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Series TitleEcological Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number226
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 81 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1079 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byBettina Weber,Burkhard Budel,Jayne Belnap
- Edition Statement2016 ed.
- Table Of ContentsBiological soil crusts as a critical zone of global importance.- How biological soil crusts became studied as a community.- Fossil crusts.- Cyanobacteria and algae within biological soil crusts.- Fungi and bacteria within biological soil crusts.- Bryophytes within biological soil crusts.- Lichens within biological soil crusts.- Microfauna within biological soil crusts.- Composition and structure of biological soil crusts.- Controls on distribution patterns of biological soil crusts at the micro-, macro-, and global scale.- Hypolithic communities.- Remote sensing of biological soil crusts at different scales.- Microstructure and weathering processes within biological soil crusts.- Patterns and controls on nitrogen cycling of biological soil crusts.- Carbon budgets of biological soil crusts at micro- meso-, and global scales.- Biological soil crusts as soil stabilizers.- Effects of biological soil crusts on arid land hydrology.- Response of biological soil crust organisms to light, temperature, and water conditions.- Interactions of biological soil crusts with vascular plants.- Biological soil crusts as model to study plant interactions and functional roles.- Effects of disturbance on biological soil crusts.- Effects of climate change on biological soil crusts.- Natural recovery of biological soil crusts after disturbance.- Enhanced recovery of biological soil crusts after disturbance.- Synthesis on biological soil crust research.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.