All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the history of biology in America over two hundred years. This book describes the establishment of biology as an academic discipline in the late nineteenth century, and the retreat of life scientists from the problems of American nature.
- Author BiographyPhilip J. Pauly is Professor of History at Rutgers University. He is the author of Controlling Life: Jacques Loeb and the Engineering Ideal in Biology.
- Author(s)Philip J. Pauly
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2002
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note48 halftones
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.