Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £15.20
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £22.39Trending at £25.07
- £23.97Trending at £25.99
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a view of the biological world. This title features several Concept Check questions that are associated with the figure legends to help students test their knowledge and critical thinking skills. It is suitable for undergraduate students who are majoring in biology.
- Author BiographyRobert Brooker (Ph.D., Yale University) received his B.A. in biology at Wittenberg University in 1978. At Harvard, he studied the lactose permease, the product of the lacY gene of the lac operon. He continues working on transporters at the University of Minnesota, where he is a Professor in the Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development and has an active research laboratory. Eric Widmaier received his Ph.D. in 1984 in endocrinology from the University of California at San Francisco. His re--search is focused on the control of body mass and metabolism in mammals, the hormonal correlates of obesity, and the effects of high-fat diets on intestinal cell function. Linda Graham received her Ph.D. in botany from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Her research explores the evolutionary origin of land-adapted plants, focusing on their cell and molecular biology as well as ecological interactions. Peter Stiling obtained his Ph.D. from University College, Cardiff, Wales in 1979. Subsequently, he became a Post-doc at Florida State University and later spent two years as a lecturer at the University of the West Indies, Trinidad. During this time, he began photographing and writing about butterflies and other insects, which led to publication of several books on local insects.
- Author(s)Eric P. Widmaier,Linda E. Graham,Peter D. Stiling,Robert J. Brooker
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight2941 g
- Width228 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.