Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £10.77Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.48
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionCan technology solve health problems across the world? Cutting-edge biomedical engineering meets human health crises for non-science majors and biomedical engineers.
- Author BiographyRebecca Richards-Kortum is the Malcolm Gillis University Professor at Rice University, Houston and the Director of the Rice 360 Institute for Global Health. Her research has been instrumental in improving early detection of cancers and other diseases, especially in low-resources settings. She is currently working with colleagues and undergraduate students to develop and deploy a suite of technologies necessary to reduce neonatal death in Sub-Saharan Africa. Dr Richards-Kortum has 40 patents, and her teaching programs, research and collaborations are supported by grants from NCI, NIH and NSF, the Gates Foundation, and HHMI. She is a member of the NAS, NEA and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Michele Follen,Rebecca Richards-Kortum
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note114 b/w illus. 60 tables
- Weight1360 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.