Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.40Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- Author(s)James M. Humber,Robert F. Almeder
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight848 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
- Table Of ContentsBioethics as a Discipline.- Further Readings.- I: Abortion.- Roe v. Wade.- Abortion and the Law.- A Defense of Abortion.- The Morality of Abortion.- Abortion: The Avoidable Moral Dilemma.- Further Readings.- II: Mental Illness.- Psychiatric Intervention.- The Myth of Mental Illness.- Mental Health and Mental Illness: Some Problems of Definition and Concept Formation.- Involuntary Mental Hospitalization: A Crime Against Humanity.- Psychiatrists and the Adversary Process.- Further Readings.- III: Human Experimentation.- Ethics and Clinical Research.- Scientific Investigations on Man: A Medical Research Worker's Viewpoint.- Philosophical Reflections on Experimenting with Human Subjects.- The Moral Justification for Research Using Human Subjects.- Realities of Patient Consent to Medical Research.- NIH Guidelines on Research with Human Subjects.- Further Readings.- IV: Human Genetics.- Ethical Issues Arising from the Possible Uses of Genetic Knowledge.- Implications of Prenatal Diagnosis for the Human Right to Life.- Implications of Prenatal Diagnosis for the Quality of, and Right to, Human Life: Society as a Standard.- Practical and Ethical Problems in Human Genetics.- Reproductive Rights and Genetic Disease.- On Justifications for Coercive Genetic Control.- Legal Rights and Moral Rights.- Privacy and Genetic Information.- Further Readings.- V: Dying.- The Problems in Prolongation of Life.- The Allocation of Exotic Medical Lifesaving Therapy.- Life and the Right to Life.- Dying.- A Statutory Definition of the Standards for Determining Human Death: An Appraisal and a Proposal.- Death: Process or Event?.- Further Readings.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.