All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
About this product
- DescriptionDetails an empirically supported approach for helping patients and family members to understand bipolar disorder, communicate more effectively, solve practical problems related to the illness, and reduce the risk and severity of relapse. This volume features knowledge on various aspects of the illness and its biological and psychosocial treatment.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Miklowitz, PhD, is Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, Los Angeles Semel Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, and Senior Clinical Research Fellow in the Department of Psychiatry at Oxford University. He was Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Colorado at Boulder from 1989 to 2009. His current research focuses on family psychoeducational treatments for childhood-onset bipolar disorder. Dr. Miklowitz has received a number of awards for his research, including, most recently, the Distinguished Investigator Award from the National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression, the Mogens Schou Award for Research from the International Society for Bipolar Disorders, and the Monica Fooks lectureship from Oxford University. Dr. Miklowitz has published more than 200 research articles and book chapters and five books on bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. The first edition of Bipolar Disorder: A Family-Focused Treatment Approach won the Outstanding Research Publication Award from the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Author(s)David J. Miklowitz
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight619 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.