All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis field guide covers The Gambia, a country which is very popular with a large number of birders and tourists, and the whole of neighbouring Senegal. This fascinating region shelters many Western Palearctic migrants from September to April, as well as a significant list of resident West African birds.
- Author BiographyNik Borrow is a freelance artist and bird tour leader. He is the sole illustrator and co-author of Birds of Western Africa and its spin-off title, Birds of Ghana, both in the Helm Field Guides series. Ron Demey is a freelance ornithologist who wrote the text for both Birds of Western Africa and Birds of Ghana.
- Author(s)Nik Borrow,Ron Demey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleHelm Field Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note140 colour plates
- Weight632 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Most relevant reviews
- heyshamite28 Jul, 2016by
Paperback Book - Birds of Senegal and The Gambia.
I was delighted with the book. The illustrations are particularly good and should be a great help identifying what I see on a future planned photography trip to The Gambia. The coloured maps showing possible locations of the listed species will be very helpful.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- flyontheceiling15 Feb, 2017by
Nice copy !
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £12.40Trending at £13.26
- £14.41Trending at £16.94
- £12.70Trending at £13.02
- £13.39Trending at £15.42
- £5.74Trending at £5.93
- £40.89Trending at £45.76
- £5.74Trending at £6.98