All listings for this product
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £65.23Trending at £130.00
- £14.18Trending at £15.32
- £13.51Trending at £15.65
- £9.99Trending at £11.23
- £6.94Trending at £9.08
- £20.51Trending at £32.33
- £9.99Trending at £11.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook covers 1282 species which occur in the western countries of Africa. Countries covered include Senegal, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, and Burkina Faso. 142 colour plates cover all the species described and distribution maps are provided.
- Author BiographyNik Borrow is an acclaimed bird artist whose work has appeared in many magazines and journals. This is his first major work and it is an outstanding feat to have painted all the plates in this sumptuous volume. Nik has travelled widely in Africa and has been a staff leader for Birdquest for many years, escorting groups of birders to Africa and elsewhere. Ron Demey is a freelance ornithologist who has lived and worked in several West African countries for many years. During this time he has travelled extensively in the region, amassing a considerable knowledge of its rich avifauna. He serves on the editorial team of the African Bird Club, and has worked on several African projects for BirdLife International.
- Author(s)Nik Borrow,Ron Demey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/02/2002
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleHelm Identification Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note147 colour plates
- Weight2086 g
- Width166 mm
- Height241 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nik Borrow
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.