Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £7.80Trending at £10.19
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
About this product
- DescriptionCutting across the humanities and social sciences, and situated in sites across the black diaspora, the work in this book collectively challenges notions that we are living in a post-racial age and instead argue for the specificity of black cultural experiences as shaped by gender and sex.
- Author BiographyDANA-AIN DAVIS is an Associate Professor at Queens College, USA. Davis' areas of specialization include black studies, family and sexual violence, reproductive rights, poverty and welfare policy, and women's studies. She is the author of Battered Black Women and Welfare Reform (2006), as well as a number of articles on women and welfare policy. She has served as President of the Association of Black Anthropologists, Executive Director of the ADCO Foundation, Board Chair of the New York Foundation, and serves as a consultant to a number of foundations that fund projects involving women's issues. She is currently co-editor of Transforming Anthropology. SHAKA MCGLOTTEN is an Assistant Professor of Media, Society, and the Arts in the School of Film and Media Studies at Purchase College, USA. Trained as an artist and anthropologist, his interdisciplinary work focuses on sex, queerness, and media cultures. He has published essays about public sex, gay chatrooms, zombies, online games, and racial violence in anthologies and peer-reviewed journals.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCritical Black Studies
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight432 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDana-Ain Davis,Shaka McGlotten
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.