Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionWhere does fear of Black sexualities emerge and how is it manifested? From questioning forces that have constrained sexual choices to examining how Blacks have forged healthy sexual identities in an oppressive environment, this title acknowledges the diversity of the Black experience and the shared legacy of racism.
- Author BiographyJUAN BATTLE is a professor of sociology and public health at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York and the coeditor of Free at Last?: Black America in the Twenty-first Century. SANDRA L. BARNES is a joint appointed professor in the department of human and organizational development sociology and the divinity school at Vanderbilt University. She is the author of The Cost of Being Poor: A Comparative Study of Life in Poor Urban Neighborhoods in Gary, Indiana.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note6 illustrations & tables
- Weight794 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJuan Battle,Sandra L. Barnes
- Introduction byJuan Battle,Sandra L. Barnes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.