Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.01+ £3.50 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrother and sister, Ted and Rose Howker, grew up in Mount of Zeal, a mining village blackened by coal. They know nothing of the outside world, though both of them yearn for escape. For Rose this comes in the form of love, while Ted seizes the chance of a job away from the pit.
- Author BiographySusan Hill has been a professional writer for over fifty years. Her books have won awards and prizes including the Whitbread, the John Llewellyn Rhys and the Somerset Maugham; and have been shortlisted for the Booker. She was awarded a CBE in the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Honours. Her novels include Strange Meeting, I'm the King of the Castle and ghost story The Woman in Black, the stage play of which has been running in London's West End since 1988. Her previous novellas include The Beacon and A Kind Man. She is married with two adult daughters and lives in North Norfolk.
- PrizesShort-listed for East Anglian Book Award for Fiction 2014 (UK).
- Author(s)Susan Hill
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight110 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
- £4.46Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.