CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £44.83Trending at £49.63
- £42.58Trending at £46.13
- £7.97Trending at £12.02
- £9.98Trending at £13.81
- £9.45Trending at £9.89
- £10.82Trending at £15.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume summarizes what we know about blastocystis, the enigmatic organism whose pathogenesis we have recognized for a century but whose mechanisms remain mysterious to this day. It examines everything from its epidemiology to its varied clinical aspects.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Heinz Mehlhorn, Dusseldorf, Germany. He has investigated the transmission pathways of human and animal parasites for over 40 years and his university spin-off company Alpha-Biocare has developed various antiparasitic medical products based on more than 20 patents. He has published 25 books, more than 250 original papers, and has served as Managing Editor of the journal Parasitology Research since 1981.Prof. Dr. Kevin SW Tan, Singapore, former fellow at the Rockefeller University. He is a specialist for molecular parasitology research in the fields of Blastocystis hominis and Plasmodium falciparum, and has received various national and international awards as well as considerable research grants for his work to date. More recently, he has funneled the research output of his many publications into the foundation of the company Biolynx Technology.Prof. Dr. Hisao Yoshikawa, Nara, Japan. He has been an active researcher in many fields of medical and zoological parasitology for over 30 years. Over the course of this time, he has intensively studied the ultrastructure, cell biology and molecular phylogeny of many isolates of Blastocystis.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleParasitology Research Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXII, 228 p.
- Weight526 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byHeinz Mehlhorn,Hisao Yoshikawa,Kevin S.W. Tan
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.