All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of short stories in which the main subject is fear. Violence, both random and institutionalized, is seen as a constant threat, and a component of a society which seems designed to intimidate or exclude women.
- Author BiographyJanice Galloway's first novel, The Trick is to Keep Breathing, now widely regarded as a Scottish contemporary classic, was published in 1990 and won the MIND/Allen Lane Book of the Year. Her second novel, Foreign Parts, won the American Academy of Arts and Letters E. M. Forster Award while her third, Clara, about the tempestuous life of nineteenth-century pianist Clara Wieck Schumann, won the Saltire Award in 2002. Collaborative texts include an opera with Sally Beamish and three cross-discipline works with Anne Bevan, the Orcadian sculptor. Her 'anti-memoir', This Is Not About Me, was published by Granta in September 2008 to universal critical acclaim. She lives in Lanarkshire.
- Author(s)Janice Galloway
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/1992
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight171 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £9.98Trending at £13.73
- £13.30Trending at £18.14
- £10.05Trending at £13.01
- £6.81Trending at £8.96
- £6.98Trending at £8.99
- £7.58Trending at £9.95
- £7.62Trending at £9.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.