All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an invaluable work of reference. The tells the biographies of over 200 officers who held the rank of Brigadier-General or above and challenges the belief that most of the senior officers had spent their time in comfort and safety.
- Author BiographyFrank Davies is the son of an 'Old Contemptible' and the nephew of three soldiers who were killed in action in the Great War. At sixteen he joined the RAF and served at home and in the Middle East for fourteen years. He later joined British European Airways and became Senior Principal Engineer. He is a member of the Western Front Association and has made many visits to the Western Front with Graham Maddocks. Graham Maddocks is a teacher of Business Studies, Politics and History and developed an interest in military history at an early age whilst listening to his grandfather's exploits in the Great War. He has since had many articles and books published on various military topics including The Liverpool Pals in 1991. Graham is a member of the Western Front Association.
- Author(s)Frank Davies
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note8 pages of b&w plates
- Weight726 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.