All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionAn entertaining and enlightening guide to more than 3,000 English idioms, including golden parachute, barking up the wrong tree, storm in a tea cup and see red.
- Author BiographyGordon Jarvie is the author of the original Dictionary of Idioms (Bloomsbury, 1996) and the Bloomsbury Grammar Guide (2007). Gordon has written widely on language and punctuation. He developed his interest in idioms as a textbook publisher for learners of English as a foreign language, many of whom struggle - quite understandably - with the idea of raining cats and dogs, talking turkey and vicious circles.
- Author(s)Gordon Jarvie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/11/2009
- GenreDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteN/a
- Weight411 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.