All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.97
- £11.32Trending at £14.94
- £9.27Trending at £12.95
- £18.33Trending at £26.09
- £13.85Trending at £22.98
- £12.58Trending at £22.92
- £4.42Trending at £6.38
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive, authoritative reference to a huge range of musical styles, from Bailanta to Bossa Nova and from Salsa to Ska.
- Author BiographyDavid Horn was a founding editor of the journal Popular Music (Cambridge University Press, 1981+), and a founding member of IASPM (The International Association for the Study of Popular Music). He was Director of the Institute of Popular Music at the University of Liverpool from 1988 until his retirement in 2002. Together with the blues scholar Paul Oliver he first proposed the idea of EPMOW in the 1980s, and has worked on the project since that time. Other recent publications include two edited volumes: The Cambridge Companion to Jazz (with Mervyn Cooke, 2002),and a special issue of Popular Music in honour of Paul Oliver (2006).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleEncyclopedia of Popular Music of the World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note5 illus
- Weight1758 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited byDavid Horn,John Shepherd
- Volume editorHeidi Feldman,Hettie Malcomson,Mona-Lynn Courteau,Pamela Narbona Jerez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.