Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionDue largely to court rulings, stores in Virginia are no longer required by blue laws to close on Sundays. Particularly notable was the abolition of segregation laws, or black codes . This title shows how people pushed for changes in the laws under which they live, love, work, vote, study, and shop - in Virginia, the South, and the nation.
- Author BiographyPeter Wallenstein teaches history at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. His previous books include Tell the Court I Love My Wife: Race, Marriage, and Law - An American History.
- Author(s)Peter Wallenstein
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2004
- GenreLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.