All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Matthew E. Kahn,Siqi Zheng
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note6 halftones. 12 line illus. 8 tables.
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments ix Chapter One: Introduction 1 Part I: A Geographic Overview of Urban Pollution Production in China Chapter Two: Made in China 21 Chapter Three: The Migration to Cities 50 Chapter Four: The Causes and Consequences of Chinese Suburbanization 76 Chapter Five: Private Vehicle Demand in Urban China 108 Part II: The Rising Demand for Green Cities Chapter Six: The Rising Demand for Blue Skies and Urban Risk Reduction 135 Chapter Seven: Recent Empirical Evidence on the Demand for Lower Pollution Levels 147 Part III: Promoting Environmental Accountability in a One-Party State Chapter Eight: The Central Government's Increased Desire to Promote Environmental Sustainability 159 Chapter Nine: Will Local Governments Create Green Cities? 186 Chapter Ten: Conclusion 212 Appendix 1 233 Appendix 2 235 Notes 237 Index 263
- Author BiographyMatthew E. Kahn is professor of economics and spatial statistics at the University of Southern California. His books include Climatopolis (Basic), Green Cities (Brookings), and Heroes and Cowards (Princeton). Siqi Zheng is a professor and the director of the Hang Lung Center for Real Estate at Tsinghua University in China, and the deputy head of the university's Department of Construction Management.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.