All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe philosophy of the blues From B.B. King to Billie Holiday, Blues music not only sounds good, but has an almost universal appeal in its reflection of the trials and tribulations of everyday life.
- Author BiographyJesse R. Steinberg is an assistant professor of philosophy and the director of the Environmental Studies Program at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. He has been a visiting professor at Victoria University in New Zealand, at the University of California at Riverside, and at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. He has published a number of articles on topics including philosophy of mind, metaphysics, philosophy of religion, and ethics. Abrol Fairweather is an instructor at San Francisco State University and the University of San Francisco. He has published in the area of Virtue Epistemology and sustains interests in philosophy of mind, metaphysics, and philosophy of language. He has contributed to popular culture volumes on Facebook and Dexter. The guitar, vocals, and lyrics of Lightnin' Hopkins and Mississippi John Hurt are major influences. Series editor: Fritz Allhoff is an associate professor in the philosophy department at Western Michigan University, as well as a senior research fellow at the Australian National University's Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics. In addition to editing the Philosophy for Everyone series, he is also the volume editor or co-editor for several titles, including Wine & Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell, 2007), Whiskey & Philosophy (with Marcus P. Adams, Wiley, 2009), and Food & Philosophy (with Dave Monroe, Wiley-Blackwell, 2007). His academic research interests engage various facets of applied ethics, ethical theory, and the history and philosophy of science.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePhilosophy for Everyone
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight364 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAbrol Fairweather,Jesse R. Steinberg
- Series Edited byFritz Allhoff
- Foreword byBruce Iglauer
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £65.23Trending at £129.99
- £14.18Trending at £15.30
- £13.51Trending at £15.62
- £6.82Trending at £8.99
- £6.10Trending at £7.99
- £16.03Trending at £17.71
- £9.99Trending at £12.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.