All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.39
- £22.69Trending at £30.00
- £12.77Trending at £14.10
- £12.69Trending at £16.15
- £20.77Trending at £29.90
- £16.78Trending at £19.99
- £10.84Trending at £16.48
About this product
- DescriptionA manual on playing and coaching cricket. It intends to develop true 'all-rounders' - players who show not only technical but mental strength, and who are as physically fit and injury-resistant as possible. It discusses the mental, scientific, biomechanical and medical aspects of the game.
- Author BiographyConsidered the most forward-thinking coach in international cricket, BOB WOOLMER'S tragic and untimely death at the 2007 World Cup in the Caribbean dominated headlines around the globe for months. One small comfort is that he had just completed his magnum opus, a lifetime's wisdom garnered from playing and coaching cricket at the highest levels. PROFESSOR TIM NOAKES co-founded the Sports Science Institute of South Africa and is the Discovery Health Chair of Exercise and Sports Science at the University of Cape Town. He also directs the Medical Research Council/UCT Exercise Science and Sports Medicine Research Unit, which has produced nearly 400 scientific articles since its foundation 12 years ago. DR HELEN MOFFETT is a freelance writer and academic (she is a Senior Research Fellow at the African Gender Institute at the University of Cape Town). She is passionate about cricket, and has lectured all over the world on the social, political and cultural dimensions of the game. She has also co-produced two documentary fi lms on cricket, transformation and nation-building in South Africa.
- Author(s)Bob Woolmer,Tim Noakes
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2008
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date31/01/2012
- Content Noteapprox 340 in b/w, 60 in colour photographs, approx 120 in b/w illustrations
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine60 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.