All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £4.72Trending at £4.81
- £4.39Trending at £6.03
- £6.56Trending at £8.68
- £7.59Trending at £9.99
- £11.37Trending at £13.45
- £7.99Trending at £8.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of athletics in ancient Greece extended beyond the realms of kinesiology, competition, and entertainment. This book examines this intersection, offering a context for understanding the attitudes of ancient Greeks towards themselves and their environment. It draws on orators and philosophers such as Isocrates, Demosthenes, and Plato.
- Author BiographyDebra Hawhee is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She was also a member of the University of Tennessee women's basketball team from 1988 through 1992.
- Author(s)Debra Hawhee
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2004
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note24 b&w illus.
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.