All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £34.94Was:£36.99Free postage
- £33.96Was:£33.99Free postage
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychoanalysis in a New Key Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJean Petrucelli
- Table Of ContentsBromberg, Foreword. Petrucelli, 'With a Little Help from My Friends'. Part I: Finding Beauty in the Beast: Interpersonal Perspectives and Treatment of Eating Disorders. Petrucelli, Mermaids, Mistresses & Medusa: Getting 'Inside Out and Outside In' the Relational Montage of an Eating Disorder. Petrucelli, 'My Body Is A Cage': Interfacing Interpersonal Neurobiology, Attachment, Affect Regulation, Self Regulation, and the Regulation of Relatedness in Treatment with Eating Disordered Patients. Part II: The Mindbody and the Bodymind: Reflections Inside and Outside Reality and Subjectivity. Schoen, 'You're The One That I Want': Appetite, Agency, and the Gendered Self. Halsted, 'Stretched To The Limit': The Elastic Body Image in the Reflexive Mind. Ogden, 'I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Has Gone': The Role of the Body in Forecasting the Future. Baker-Pitts, 'Look At Me...What Am I Supposed To Be?'... Women, Culture and Cosmetic Splitting. Castellano, 'I Won't Grow Up, Never Grow Up, Not Me!': Anorexia Nervosa and Maturity Fears Revisited. Howard, 'Spitting Out the Demons': The Perils of Giving and Receiving for the Anorexic Patient. Part III: Treating the Family, the Young, the Hormonal, and the Religious: Developmental, Familial, and Cultural Contexts. Brisman, 'What's Going On, What's Going On?' -- An Interpersonal Approach to Family Therapy with the Eating Disordered Patient. Ferraro, 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters': Girls' Growing Bodies, Growing Minds, Growing Complications. Kolod, 'The Circle (Cycle) Game': Ovarian Hormones, Self-States and Appetites. Gorden, Kofman, 'Body and Soul': Eating Disorders in the Orthodox Jewish Population. Part IV: Appetite Regulation in an Interpersonal and Cultural Context Tintner, 'These boots aren't made for walking, but that's just what they'll do': The Use of the Detailed Inquiry in the Treatment of Obesity. Malave, 'No Self Control': Working along the Binge Eating Spectrum. Hamilton, 'Sweet Thing': Racially Charged Transferences and Desire in the Interpersonal Treatment of a black American woman with Binge Eating Disorder-- Who Needs Chocolate Cake When You Can Have Chocolate Men? Ackerman, 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered': Boundaries Shared and Denied. Sandra Buechler, 'Hooked on a Feeling': Emotions that Facilitate the Movement from Compulsion to Choice - Three Bodies...Patient, Analyst, and Supervisor. Part V: Beyond the Interpersonal and Across the Universe: History; Clinical and Assessment Tools Across Modalities. Gottlieb, 'Come Together': Blending CBT/DBT and Interpersonal Psychotherapy in the Treatment of Eating Disorders. Crossman, Labins, 'One Pill Makes You Larger, And One Pill Makes You Small'...and the Ones that Doctor gives you May or May Not do Anything at All: A brief summary of psychopharmacological approaches in the treatment of eating disorders. Pearlman, Body OR Mind: A Discontinuous Model of Neural Emotional Processing. The BODI GROUP - Members, Baker-Pitts, Bloom, Eichenbaum, Garofallou, Orbach, Jean Petrucelli, Sliva, Tortora, The Acquisition of a Body: Establishing a New Paradigm and Introducing a Clinical Tool to Explore the Intergenerational Transmission of Embodiment. Kuriloff, 'Across the Universe': Christians, Patients, Women with Anorexia Nervosa Then and Now.
- Author BiographyJean Petrucelli is director and co-founder of the Eating Disorders, Compulsions & Addictions Service; supervising analyst, teaching faculty, at the William Alanson White Institute, New York City; adjunct clinical professor of psychology at New York University's postdoctoral program; and editor of several books. She specializes in the interpersonal treatment of eating disorders and addictions, lectures widely throughout the United States, and is in private practice in Manhattan.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.