All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, this book provides the global history of labor in Central Eurasia, Russia, Europe, and the Indian Ocean between the sixteenth and the twentieth centuries. It contests common views on free and unfree labor, and compares the latter to many Western countries where wage conditions resembled those of domestic servants.
- Author BiographyAlessandro Stanziani is Professor at the EHESS (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales) and Senior Researcher at the CNRS (Centre National des recherches Scientifiques), Paris. He is the author of four monographs, ten edited volumes, and more than one hundred articles. His books include Rules of exchange: French capitalism in Comparative Perspective, 18th-20th Centuries( Cambridge University Press, 2012) and Batisseurs d'Empires. Russie, Chine et Inde a la conquete du monde(Liber-Seuil, 2012).
- Author(s)Alessandro Stanziani
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Social History
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £12.83Trending at £19.89
- £4.06Trending at £7.29
- £8.44Trending at £15.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
- £42.13Trending at £66.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.