All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures a real-life adventure with historical facts about Britain's royal rebel, Bonnie Prince Charlie. This title helps you know Charlie's ugly side as well as his bonnie side; understand why the Prince and his followers were called Jacobites; and discover the truth about Charlie's romance with island girl Flora MacDonald.
- Author BiographyAllan Burnett was born on South Uist, and grew up on Benbecula in the Western Isles. He studied at the University of Edinburgh, gaining an MA honours degree in Scottish History, and an MSc (with distinction) in European nationalism and British constitutional identities. A freelance writer, he has also worked as a librarian, an archivist, a 'ghost tour' guide, deputy foreign affairs editor at the Sunday Herald and deputy editor for the Scottish Standard. He now lives in Glasgow. Scoular Anderson is one of Scotland's best known illustrators. He has written over seventy books (including 1314 And All That and 1745 And All That, both published by Birlinn) and has also illustrated a huge number of books by other authors. He lives in Dunoon.
- Author(s)Allan Burnett
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- GenreReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleAnd All That
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/03/2017
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scoular Anderson
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £83.98Trending at £105.33
- £7.98Trending at £12.93
- £14.55Trending at £16.39
- £7.30Trending at £8.95
- £12.44Trending at £15.12
- £15.48Trending at £15.64
- £16.86Trending at £18.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.