All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.98Trending at £5.08
- £3.32Trending at £3.46
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £24.03Trending at £24.44
- £6.07Trending at £6.95
- £10.21Trending at £11.17
- £20.32Trending at £22.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Book Art Studio Handbook offers readers a comprehensive and accessible guide to not only the nuts and bolts of this classic art, but insight into the artisan's lifestyle.
- Author BiographyStacie Dolin is a bookbinder and consummate crafter located in Arlington, MA. After working in the silkscreen industry for a number of years, she moved to Boston to study bookbinding at the North Bennet Street School. She now teaches numerous bookbinding workshops and does independent binding and book repair. When not playing with books, Stacie knits, spins, and quilts, and looks for ways to integrate her fiber activities into her bookbinding. Amy Lapidow is a hand bookbinder, trained through The North Bennet Street School and several other institutions including Rare Book School and CBBAG. She teaches through the NBSS workshop program, where she has developed classes on a number of bookbinding concepts. Her personal interest is taking historic bookbinding structures and updating them by using alternate materials and for contemporary uses. Her work has been seen in 500 Handmade Books and as part of the exhibit One Book Many Interpretations at The Chicago Public Library, where she combined a classic binding style with QR codes. She lives in Somerville, MA.
- Author(s)Amy Lapidow,Stacie Dolin
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Width254 mm
- Height204 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 0 to 0 years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.