All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.97
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £6.80Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to the use of the bootstrap in signal processing.
- Author BiographyAbdelhak M. Zoubir received the Dipl.-Ing degree (BSc/BEng) from Fachhochschule Niederrhein, Germany, in 1983, the Dipl.-Ing. (MSc/MEng) and the Dr.-Ing. (PhD) degree from Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, in 1987 and 1992, all in Electrical Engineering. Early placement in industry (Klockner-Moeller and Siempelkamp AG) was then followed by Associate Lectureship in the Division for Signal Theory at Ruhr University Bochum, Germany. In June 1992, he joined Queensland University of Technology where he was Lecturer, Senior Lecturer and then Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Systems Engineering. In March 1999, he took up the position of Professor of Telecommunications at Curtin University of Technology, where he was Head of the School of Electrical & Computer Engineering from November 2001 until February 2003. In February 2003 he took up the position of Professor in Signal Processing at Darmstadt University of Technology. Dr Zoubir's general research interest lies in statistical methods for signal processing with applications in communications, sonar, radar, biomedical engineering and vibration analysis. His current research interest lies in robust estimation and in bootstrap techniques for spectrum estimation and the modelling of non-stationary and non-Gaussian signals. He was the General Co-Chairman of the Third IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT) held in Darmstadt in December 2003, the Technical Chairman of the 11th IEEE Workshop on Statistical Signal processing held in Singapore in August 2001 and Deputy Technical Chairman (Special Sessions/Tutorials) of ICASSP-94 held in Adelaide. He served as an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing from 1999 until 2005 and is currently Associate Editor of the EURASIP journals Signal Processing and the Journal of Applied Signal Processing. Dr Zoubir is a Member of the IEEE SPS Technical Committees on Signal Processing Theory and M D. Robert Iskander received his Ph.D. from Queensland University of Technology. He is currently a senior lecturer in the School of Engineering at Griffith University, Australia. He is also a visiting research fellow in the Centre for Eye Research at Queensland University of Technology. He has published over 50 technical papers, in fields such as statistical signal processing, visual optics, and ophthalmic instrumentation.
- Author(s)Abdelhak M. Zoubir,D. Robert Iskander
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note41 b/w illus. 34 tables
- Weight380 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.