CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe figure of the violent man in the African American imagination has a long history. He can be found in 19th-century bad man ballads like Stagolee and John Hardy, as well as in the black convict recitations that influenced gangsta rap. This title connects this figure with similar characters in African American fiction.
- Author BiographyJerry H. Bryant is Emeritus Professor of English at California State University.
- Author(s)Jerry H. Bryant
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBlacks in the Diaspora
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 bibliog., 1 index
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.