All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition combines the study of insects with clear and current insect identification, supplying updated information on phylogeny using systematics, while adding a greater emphasis on insect biology and evolution.
- Author BiographyCharles A. Triplehorn is emeritus faculty at Ohio State University and his broad interests include systematics and biogeography of Coleoptera. His research is primarily on the large family Tenebrionidae, especially those of the Western Hemisphere. Since his retirement from Ohio State in 1992, he has concentrated on two major projects: a revision of the genus Eleodes and of the Neotropical Diaperini. Triplehorn is the former president of the American Entomological Society. Norman F. Johnson is a professor of biology at Ohio State University and curator of the Ohio State University insect collection. His research interests include the systematics of parasitic Hymenoptera and in particular the Proctotrupoidea. His focus to date has been on the Scelionidae, a speciose group important as biological control agents of their hosts. In 1992 he assumed the position of director of the OSU Insect Collection.
- Author(s)Charles A. Triplehorn,Norman Johnson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2000
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1755 g
- Width208 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £9.57Trending at £9.90
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £11.58Trending at £11.96
- £10.99Trending at £13.47
- £3.58Trending at £5.49
- £12.58Trending at £15.90
- £9.52Trending at £11.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.