Consider these sponsored items
- £46.56Was:£54.95Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Joseph Leo Koerner
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe A. W. Mellon Lectures in the Fine Arts
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note275 color illus. 50 halftones.
- Weight1899 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edition StatementBollingen Series XXXV: 57
- Table Of ContentsPreface viii Acknowledgments xii Introduction Parallel Worlds Chapter 1 In the Art-Historical Museum 2 Chapter 2 Life Time 11 Chapter 3 World Time 45 Chapter 4 From Bosch to Bruegel 77 Part I Hieronymus Bosch Chapter 5 Enmity 96 Chapter 6 Among the Idols 151 Chapter 7 The Unspeakable Subject 179 Chapter 8 Self-Portraiture 223 Part II Pieter Bruegel the Elder Chapter 9 History 268 Chapter 10 Culture 305 Chapter 11 Nature 331 Notes 365 Index 401 Photography and Copyright Credits 411
- Author BiographyJoseph Leo Koerner is the Victor S. Thomas Professor of the History of Art and Architecture and Senior Fellow of the Society of Fellows at Harvard University. His previous books include The Moment of Self-Portraiture in German Renaissance Art, The Reformation of the Image, and Caspar David Friedrich and the Subject of Landscape.
- PrizesWinner of 2017 PROSE Award in Art History & Criticism, Association of American Publishers 2017.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.08
- £4.40Trending at £4.58
- £24.03Trending at £24.44
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £6.01Trending at £6.13
- £4.75Trending at £4.84
- £28.01Trending at £34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.