All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUseful for anyone pursuing boxing as a hobby or who is interested in training to become a professional boxer. This book presents an introduction to the sport, including the game's history, rules of the ring, how fights are scored, how to spar, the basics of defence and offence, the fighter's workout, a directory of boxing gyms, and more.
- Author BiographySmokin' Joe Frazier is one of the finest boxers in the history of the sport. He was an Olympic gold medallist and a heavyweight champion for three straight years during his illustrious career as a boxer. He is a member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame, and has written an autobiography, Smokin' Joe. He currently trains prospective young fighters, including his daughter, Jackie Frazier-Lyde. William Dettloff is a freelance writer, boxing historian, and the senior writer for The Ring magazine, known throughout its 83-year history as The Bible of Boxing. He has published more than 300 feature articles in The Ring, KO, World Boxing, and Boxing Yearly magazines, and writes a regular boxing column for HBO.com.
- Author(s)Joe Fraizer,William Dettloff
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2005
- GenreBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- liebow8807 Apr, 2014by
Suitable for all skill levels of boxing, and its not a buy you'll regret.
Well Ive always been a massive Joe Frazier fan, and very much so of his style of fighting, as a heavyweight fighter myself of similar stature. This book will cover EVERYTHING you need to know, from the basics that'll make everything fall into place, plus details and helpful tips on what to expect when you get into boxing. In my view, this book can benefit the new fighter as well as the experienced fighter - just a fresh perspective into doing things. This book is like my bible in many ways....
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.44
- £22.69Trending at £30.00
- £23.42Trending at £29.61
- £12.77Trending at £14.12
- £20.77Trending at £29.95
- £12.18Trending at £16.54
- £21.77Trending at £30.06