All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the world's leading thinkers on brand strategy, this updated paperback edition looks at what Asian and emerging market brands need to do to succeed in international markets and the challenges they face when competing with Western brands.
- Author BiographyDr. Nirmalya Kumar is Member-Group Executive Council at Tata Sons. He reports directly to the Chairman of the $100 billion plus Tata group and is responsible for group strategy. Previously, he was professor of marketing at the London Business School and also taught at Columbia Business School, Harvard Business School, IMD (Switzerland) and Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management). Dr. Kumar has written seven books, including Marketing as Strategy and India Inside. He has also published several articles in Harvard Business Review and many other leading academic journals. As a consultant, he has worked with more than 50 Fortune 500 companies in 60 different countries as well as served on several boards of directors. Dr. Kumar was included in Thinkers50 (the biannual listing of the top 50 management thinkers in the world) and received their Global Village Award for the person who contributed the most to the business community's understanding of globalization and the new frontiers established by emerging markets. Dr. Kumar received his B.Com from Calcutta University, his MBA from the University of Illinois at Chicago and his PhD. in marketing from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Jan-Benedict E. M. Steenkamp (Dr. h.c., PhD, MSc, BSc) is the Massey Distinguished Professor of Marketing and Marketing Area Chair at the University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School, Executive Director of AiMark and Fellow at the Institute for Sustainable Innovation and Growth at Fudan University (Shanghai). He also teaches in a joint program at Tsinghua University (Beijing). A native of the Netherlands, Prof. Steenkamp has taught, consulted, and given executive seminars in all continents. He has received an honorary doctorate from Aarhus University (Denmark) and an array of lifetime achievement honors, including from the Royal Netherland Academy of Sciences and the European Marketing Academy. His work has received over 25,000 citations, and he is rated the most influential marketing scholar of the last decade. Prof. Steenkamp is a valued branding and strategy consultant, and his work has been featured in the Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Economist, The New York Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, and numerous other media outlets in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, India, China, and South Korea. Prof. Steenkamp has written eight cases on emerging market companies, including Huawei, Haier, TCL, Pearl River Piano, Sand River, Shanghai VIVE, Galanz, and Proton, which are available through The Case Center (www.thecasecentre.org). His activities can be followed on the website www.brandbreakout.com.
- Author(s)Jan-Benedict E. M. Steenkamp,Nirmalya Kumar
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- GenreSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXX, 276 p.
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £11.59Trending at £11.98
- £32.27Trending at £33.25
- £7.29Trending at £8.99
- £11.32Trending at £11.68
- £10.55Trending at £11.21
- £8.85Trending at £12.38
- £8.22Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.