Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.49+ £1.50 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by record-box22
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBRAZIL is Terry Gilliam's masterpiece. The film, cowritten by Gilliam, playwright Tom Stoppard, and Charles McKeown, is set in a futuristic society laden with red tape and bureaucracy. When a bug (literally) gets in the system, an innocent man is killed, leading mild-mannered Sam Lowry (an excellent Jonathan Pryce) to reexamine what he wants out of life. He decides to fight the totalitarian system in his search for freedom--and the woman he loves. The terrific, offbeat cast features Robert De Niro as a renegade heating engineer; Katherine Helmond as Sam's ever-younger mother; Michael Palin as a frightened worker bee terrified of upsetting the status quo; Bob Hoskins as a vengeful Central Services employee; Jim Broadbent as a wacko plastic surgeon; the wonderful Ian Holm as Sam's nerve-ridden, pitiful boss, afraid of his own signature; and Kim Greist as the rebel Sam falls in love with.<BR>The look of BRAZIL is relentless, overwhelming, and outrageously spectacular: giant monoliths rise from the street; government offices are a network of computers, pneumatic tubes, and narrow hallways built with Nazi-like precision; apartment complexes are a maze of washed-out grays and numbers, all frighteningly uniform. The terrorist explosions actually bring color into this dull, monochromatic world. BRAZIL is a nightmare vision of the future, yet also hysterically funny and incisive--one of the most inventive, influential, and important films of the 1980s.
- Leading Role 1Jonathan Pryce
- Director 1Terry Gilliam
- Leading Role 2Robert De Niro
- Leading Role 3Katherine Helmond
- Additional Roles byMichael Palin,Peter Vaughan,Ian Holm,Kim Greist,Bob Hoskins,Ian Richardson,Jim Broadbent,Barbara Hicks
- ProducerArnon Milchan,Patrick Cassavetti,Joseph Grace
- ScreenwriterTerry Gilliam,Tom Stoppard,Charles McKeown
- Score ComposerMichael Kamen
- EditorJulian Doyle
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2003
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,Finnish,Norwegian,Swedish
- Running Time137 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- drscaife12 Oct, 2016by
This is an amazing film - a dark and spookily accurate vision of the future
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- benjiboy6821 Aug, 2010by
very good training film for plumbers
excelent training film for plumbers blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
- da-ni-boy12 Aug, 2010by
Bring on BRAZIL
So funny, crazy vision of the future, boots as hats, excellent a must be watched film by every sci fi and comedy fan.
- 680a1f4a84c3f73...06 Oct, 2009by
There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this film. Hasn't lost anything with age, Highly recommend it as extreme talent on a ridiculously low budget.
- devarapur03 Oct, 2008by
A GOOD MOVIE ..CREATIVE.
Suggested by a tutor for studying the direction.The performances and the whole idea is great! would defenetly recommend it!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.25Trending at £8.79
- £6.40Trending at £12.27
- £6.89Trending at £9.62
- £3.99Trending at £7.81
- £2.75Trending at £2.99
- £30.75Trending at £32.20
- £8.95Trending at £9.73