Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.21
- £66.16Trending at £91.75
- £13.63Trending at £14.11
- £22.22Trending at £23.44
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.19
- £20.25Trending at £29.96
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that the influence of Emerson and Thoreau on Charles Ives' compositional style freed the composer from ordinary ideas of time and chronology, allowing him to recuperate the past as he reached for the musical unknown.
- Author BiographyMatthew McDonald is Associate Professor of Music at Northeastern University.
- Author(s)Matthew McDonald
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusical Meaning & Interpretation
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note57 music exx., 5 b&w illus., 7 tables
- Weight472 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.