Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £113.56Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £46.50
- £27.26Trending at £29.76
- £23.69Trending at £27.98
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/01/2012
- Series TitleIUTAM Symposia
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note7 Tables, black and white; 6 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 387 p. 6 illus.
- Weight609 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMichael L. Banner,Roger H. J. Grimshaw
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
- Table Of Contents1. Keynote Lectures.- The Physical Consequences of Wave Breaking in Deep Water.- Capillary Rollers and Bores.- Mechanisms of Water-Wave Breaking.- Surf Zone Dynamics.- Inverse and Direct Cascade in the Wind-Driven Surface Wave Turbulence and Wave-Breaking.- 2. Experiments and Observations.- Observations of the Enhancement of Kinetic Energy Dissipation Beneath Breaking Wind Waves.- Microwave Backscattering from Laboratory Wind-Wave Surfaces and its Relation to Wave Breaking with Bubble Entrainment.- Acoustical Measurement of Breaking Surface Waves.- Dependence of Wave-Breaking Statistics on Wind Stress and Wave Development.- Effect of Breaking Waves on the Transport of Heat and Vapor Fluxes from the Oceans.- Sound Production and Air Entrainment by Breaking Waves: A Review of Recent Laboratory Experiments.- Wave Breaking in the Presence of Wind Drift and Opposed Swell.- The Sideband Instability and the Onset of Wave Breaking.- Breaking Wave Statistics Obtained During `Swade'.- Strong Coupling of Wind and Wind Waves.- 3. Theoretical and Numerical Results.- Possible Mechanisms for Wave Breaking.- The Influence of Wave-Breaking Bubbles on Low-Frequency Underwater Ambient Noise Formation.- Do Stokes' Double Series Converge for Large Amplitude Waves?.- Consequences of the Effect of Surface Gravity Waves on the Mean Air Flow.- The Dissipation Subrange of Wind Wave Spectra.- A Model for the Response of Wave Directions to Changing Wind Directions for Random Breaking Waves.- Mechanisms of Water Wave Transformation in Shear Currents.- Nonlinear Acoustic Phenomena in Subsurface Bubble Layers and its Usage for Bubble Measurements.- Unsteady Free Surface Waves.- The Role of Modulational Instability in the Formation of Wave Groups.- Action of Windstress and Breaking on the Evolution of a Wavetrain.- A Mechanism for Wave Deformation and Breaking Intermediated by Resonant Side-Bands.- Vorticity Generation at a Fluid Interface.- Numerical Experiments on the Evolution of Fetch Limited Waves.- Theoretical Study of Breaking Wave Spectrum and its Application.- 4. Shoaling and Impacting on Structures.- Instability of Surface Water-Wave Solitons Propagating Over an Uneven Bottom.- Violent Motion as Near-Breaking Waves Meet a Vertical Wall.- Shear Stress Distribution in the Surf Zone.- Random Wave Forces on a Vertical Cylinder in the Free Surface Zone at High Reynolds Numbers.- Prediction of Deterministic and Random Force on Structures by Plunging Breaking Waves.- Inclusion of Wave-Breaking Mechanism in a Modified Mild-Slope Model.- Imaging of the Ocean Surf Zone using Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar.- Wave-Breaking due to Moving Submerged Obstacles.- Can Shallow-Water Theory Describe Breaking?.- Breaking Criteria of a Solitary Wave Passing Over a Submerged Obstacle.- 5. Wave Breaking in other Contexts.- Processes Leading to Filamentation of a Potential Vorticity Interface over a Topographic Slope.- Observations of Shock and Undular Bore Formation in Internal Waves at a Shelf Break.- Internal Waves and Turbulence on a Gravity Current Under Ice.- Extreme Standing Waves and Their Stability.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.