All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Anna Maria Storniolo,Cindy Hunter,Hal Douglas Kipfer,Kandice Ludwig,Lida A. Mina
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight223 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction to breast cancer: The Magnitude of the problem.- 2. Risk Factors for Breast Cancer.- 3. Defining the population at elevated risk for Breast Cancer: Risk Models.- 4. Genetic predisposition and Genetic screening.- 5. The BRCA patient population.- 6. Women with benign proliferative breast disease.- 7. Approach to Imaging.- 8. Chemoprevention.- 9. Lifestyle and Breast Cancer.- 10. Obesity and Inflammation.- 11. Conclusion/the Future/ Komen Tissue Bank/Clinical Trials.
- Author BiographyDr. Lida Mina received her MD from the American University of Beirut. She is a medical oncologist and Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Mina treats patients with breast cancer as well as patients at an elevated risk of developing the disease. She is the director of the Catherine Peachy Breast Cancer Prevention Program at the Indiana University Health Simon Cancer Center. Dr. Anna Maria Storniolo received her MD from Stanford University. She is a medical oncologist and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Indiana University School of Medicine. In addition to caring for patients with all stages of breast cancer, she also sees women at elevated risk of the disease. She is the founder and executive director of the Susan G. Komen Tissue Bank at the IU Simon Cancer Center, the world's only repository of normal breast tissue. Cindy Hunter, MS, CGC is a licensed, certified genetic counselor who has worked in the field of cancer genetic counseling since 1996. Cindy is one of the pillars of the Catherine Peachy Breast Cancer Prevention Program at the Indiana University Health Simon Cancer Center. Dr. Kandice Ludwig received her medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine. She is a practicing breast surgeon at Indiana University School of Medicine, and has been appointed Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery. Her clinical interests include younger women with breast cancer, and management of women with high risk pathology. Dr. Hal Kipfer received his Medical Degree at the Indiana University School of Medicine. He spent the past 10 years in a dedicated breast imaging and intervention practice with special interest in resident and fellow education, as well as breast MRI protocol development. He believes faster and shorter MRI sequences can improve value, and allow more women to benefit from screening breast MRI.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.04
- £6.95Trending at £10.28
- £14.33Trending at £17.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.07
- £29.31Trending at £31.56
- £22.50Trending at £29.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.