All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an arranged marriage to a man twenty years her elder Nazneen exchanges her Bangladeshi village home for a block of flats in London's East End. In this new world, where poor people can be fat and even dogs go on diets, she struggles to make sense of her existence - and to do her duty to her husband.
- Author BiographyMonica Ali was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and grew up in England. She is one of Granta's Best of Young British Novelists of the decade, Newcomer of the Year at the 2004 British Book Awards and has been nominated for most of the major literary prizes in Britain. BRICK LANE was shortlisted for the Booker Prize, the George Orwell Prize for political writing and the prestigious Commonwealth Writers' Prize. Internationally there has been similar recognition including, in the United States, the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Los Angeles Times 'First Fiction' Prize where the book was shortlisted. Monica Ali lives in London with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Monica Ali
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Out-of-print date11/12/2014
- Weight340 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.28
- £3.70Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.