All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £32.71Trending at £35.04
- £27.58Trending at £28.90
- £13.17Trending at £19.02
- £31.44Trending at £34.89
- £16.12Trending at £18.96
- £23.31Trending at £28.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the ways in which the use of English as a medium of instruction can contribute to a closer alignment between educational outcomes and the demands of the world of work in those contexts where English is used as a foreign language.
- Author BiographyRahma Al-Mahrooqi, PhD, is an Associate Professor of English at Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), Oman, where she also directs the Humanities Research Centre. Among her many positions, she has coordinated tertiary English courses and an ESP program for SQU's College of Science and, for almost four years, she was SQU's Language Centre Director. Dr. Al-Mahrooqi has published widely on English language teaching and learning in Oman with major focus areas in teaching and reading, literature, and English communication skills. Christopher Denman, DEd, is a researcher at Sultan Qaboos University's Humanities Research Centre. He has a bachelor's degree in psychology in addition to a MEd and a EdD which focused on Arab Muslim identity and English language learning and teaching. He has previously taught at primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in South Korea, Japan, and Australia. His research interests include language and identity and education policy.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication24/10/2015
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number198
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight610 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byChristopher Denman,Rahma Al-Mahrooqi
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.