All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £191.79Free postage
- £187.38Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionUses intriguing real-world applications to engage readers' interest and show them the practical side of calculus.
- Author BiographyDr. Berresford received his Ph.D. from the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University and taught at the State University of New York at Purchase before joining the faculty at the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University. Besides co-authoring four textbooks with Dr. Rockett, he has published papers in differential equations, linear programming, logic, and probability, and has received several teaching awards and the Distinguished Service Award from The Metropolitan New York Section of the Mathematical Association of America. After completing his Ph.D. at Stony Brook University, Dr. Rockett joined the mathematics faculty at C.W. Post and began his collaborations with Dr. Berresford. His book with Peter Szusz on CONTINUED FRACTIONS (1992) was hailed by Ivan Niven as an outstanding addition to the literature of mathematics, and he served the Kappa Mu Epsilon mathematics honor society as editor of the mathematics journal The Pentagon from 1989 to 1995. Dr. Rockett serves as a reviewer for several journals, including Mathematical Reviews for the American Mathematical Society.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Rockett,Geoffrey C. Berresford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width223 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £5.06Trending at £6.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.