All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note58 color illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height184 mm
- Edited byBilly Collins
- Illustrator(s)David Sibley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgmentsIntroductionJohn James AudubonLoons MatingDrifting OffMother Carey's HenThe BirdsPelicanThe Magnificent FrigatebirdThe Frigate PelicanThe Blue BoobyThe HeronHope and LoveOn the Sight of Swans in Kensington GardensOn the Marriage of FriendsSwan and ShadowWild GeeseThe TealFrom Woody's Restaurant, MiddleburyStill, Citizen SparrowTo a Farmer Who Hung Five Hawks on His Barbed WireEvening HawkYou and I Saw Hawks Exchanging the Preyfrom The Parliament of FowlsPeregrine Falcon, New York CityMake-FalconThe Dalliance of EaglesPheasantA Bird at the Leather MillThe CootPloverShorebird-WatchingOn a 31/2 oz. Lesser Yellow Legs, Departed Boston August 28, Shot Martinique September 3SandpiperThe Ballet of the Fifth YearSeagullsThe KittiwakeAfter Reading Peterson's GuideLost ParrotThe Contrast; The Parrot and the WrenThe Great Horned OwlA Barred OwlTo a Captive OwlAn OwlGreat Grey OwlThe OwlThe OwlChimney SwiftsSwiftsSwiftsHumming-BirdThe KingfisherThe KingfisherThe Woodpecker Keeps ReturningThe WoodpeckerArts of JoyBlack PhoebeThe ShrikeStill Missing the JaysMagpie's SongPaired ThingsThe Calves Not ChosenThe Crows Start Demanding RoyaltiesThe Questions Poems AskRavens at Deer CreekThe Ravens of DenaliOde to the SwallowThe SwallowThe Emperor's Bird's-NestWatching the Swallowsfrom The Princess; O SwallowHome-Thoughts, from AbroadCliff SwallowsThe Blue SwallowsDecember NotesIn Walden wood the chickadeeTitmouseThe BluebirdsThe Darkling ThrushThrushesI have a Bird in springLove's Good-MorrowTo Robin Red-BreastPoor Cock RobinThe Death of Lesbia's BirdOf the AirCedar WaxwingsCedar Waxwing on Scarlet FirethornSongA Warbler Annoucing Spring at MorningThe Happy BirdBird WatchingThe CardinalCardinals in a Shower at Union SquareA Pair of TanagersBrave SparrowLove SongChristmas SparrowSparrow Trapped in the AirportPartita for SparrowsVisitiationOld AcquaintanceThe Call of the Junco BirdRedwing BlackbirdsRed-Winged BlackbirdsThe BirdsThirteen Ways of Looking at a BlackbirdKeeping trackGracklesRose-Breasted GrosbeakThe Faithful FriendThe Caged GoldfinchFor the Birds: A Charm of GoldfinchesRara AvisIndex of Poets and PoemsIndex of Birds
- Author BiographyBilly Collins is Distinguished Professor of English at Lehman College and the author of eight books of poetry, including Ballistics, The Trouble with Poetry: and Other Poems, Nine Horses, Sailing Alone Around the World, and Questions About Angels, which was selected by Edward Hirsch for the National Poetry Series. He has received fellowships from the New York Foundation for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Guggenheim Foundation, and has served two terms as the poet laureate of the United States, along with one term as New York State Poet. Collins divides his time between New York and Winter Park, Florida.David Allen Sibley has spent most of his life traveling across North America, studying and drawing the natural world. With the National Audubon Society, he published The Sibley Guide to Birds in 2004 and The Sibley Guide to Trees in 2009. He lives with his family in Concord, Massachusetts, and his work can be viewed at www.sibleyguides.com.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £14.99
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £9.41Trending at £9.98
- £9.51Trending at £10.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.54
- £7.30Trending at £9.98
- £6.34Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.