All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRanging from precious stones as raw wealth to the symbolic properties of gems whether in Antiquity and the Bible or in Victorian art and literature, this book examines how small-scale and valuable artefacts have figured in systems of belief and in political and social practice in Europe since the Renaissance.
- Author BiographyMarcia Pointon is Professor Emeritus in History of Art, Manchester University, and Honorary Research Fellow, Courtauld Institute of Art.
- Author(s)Marcia Pointon
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- GenreDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note100 b-w + 150 color illus.
- Weight2744 g
- Width241 mm
- Height292 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.99
- £45.00Trending at £78.42
- £3.24Trending at £5.99
- £28.38Trending at £38.09
- £5.81Trending at £7.99
- £6.99Trending at £9.99
- £4.42Trending at £6.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.