Consider these sponsored items
- £8.06Was:£12.99Free postage
- £14.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen did the first humans arrive in Britain? Where did they come from? And what did they look like? This is the amazing story of human life in Britain. It begins nearly one million years ago, during the earliest known human occupation, and reveals how humans have periodically lived there ever since.
- Author BiographyRob Dinnis is a Research Fellow in the School of History, Classics and Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh. His main research interest is the colonisation of Europe by early modern humans. A keen field archaeologist, he also directs excavations at late Neanderthal and early modern human cave sites in England and Wales. Chris Stringer is Britain's foremost expert on human origins and works in the Earth Sciences Department at the Natural History Museum. He also directed the Ancient Human Occupation of Britain project, aimed at reconstructing the first detailed history of how and when Britain was occupied by early humans. His previous books include Homo Britannicus and The Origin of Our Species.
- Author(s)Chris Stringer,Rob Dinnis
- PublisherThe Natural History Museum
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Natural History Museum
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £9.11Trending at £9.37
- £4.60Trending at £5.88
- £14.41Trending at £17.12
- £5.74Trending at £5.95
- £42.96Trending at £46.26
- £16.67Trending at £24.95
- £24.00Trending at £35.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.