Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.89Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.62Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the first major account for nearly fifty years to critically re-assess Labour's first period in office in terms of domestic, foreign and imperial policy. It draws on a wide range of private papers and official sources and reconstructs the history of this forgotten government in the broader social and political context of the 1920s.
- Author BiographyJOHN SHEPHERD is Professor of History at the University of Huddersfield. John was educated at Borough Road College (BA General and Teachers' Certificate) and Birkbeck College, University of London (BA Hons and PhD). He has published extensively on British Political and Labour History. He has held posts in schools, polytechnics and universities, including Visiting Professor, Senior Research Associate and Joint-Director of the Labour History Research Unit at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge. He is a Fellow of The Royal Historical Society, and was previously President of the Cambridge Branch of The Historical Association and a training consultant to a number of organisations KEITH LAYBOURN is Professor of History at the University of Huddersfield, UK and is a Fellow of The Royal Historical Society. He is also the Diamond Jubilee Professor of the University of Huddersfield. He has published over sixty articles and thirty seven books including Britain on the Breadline: A Social and Political History of Britain 1918-1939 (1998), Unemployment and Employment Policies Concerning Women in Britain 1900-1951 (2002), A Century of Labour (2000) and Marxism in Britain: Dissent, Decline and re-emergence, 1945-c.2000 (2005).
- Author(s)John Shepherd,Keith Laybourn
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight500 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.