Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £9.28Trending at £9.53
- £13.78Trending at £14.12
- £15.16Trending at £18.49
- £28.54Trending at £30.26
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
About this product
- DescriptionBritain's Imperial Muse explores the classics' contribution to British imperialism and to the experience of empire in India through the long 19th century. It reveals the classics role as a foundational source for positive conceptions of empire and a rhetorical arsenal used by commentators to justify conquest and domination, especially of India.
- Author BiographyC.A. Hagerman is Associate Professor of European History at Albion College, Michigan, USA. He earned his Ph.D. in History from the University of Toronto after completing a MA in Classical Archaeology from the University of British Columbia, Canada.
- Author(s)Christopher Hagerman
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleBritain and the World
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight480 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.